“Behind every successful person is a substantial amount of coffee.” Says Pinterest, and I don’t argue.
My love for coffee started when I was about 17. A Rebellious, messy hair Italian introduced us to each other. Back then I didn’t understand how it is possible to drink 3 espressos a day and run around like crazy, then fall asleep, like a baby. When I grew up I had no more questions.
Over the years the Italian has gone, coffee stayed, and nowadays mornings are inconceivable without it.While the coffee is brewing, my notebook turns on, I moisturize my face, feed the cat, then open the Facebook with a large mug of holy caffeine. I like slow mornings, although this summer not even a single piece of me desires warm drinks, so I had to come out with something as tasty as freshly brewed espresso.
I made 3 types of cold, and delicious ice coffee, which after a little preparation literally takes no time from your morning routine. If you have one of those portable mugs, you can take them to the metro too!
Note: I have a Moka Pod, so the amount of coffee I used for each drink is about 30 ml (espresso standard). If you use filtered coffee, you might want to decrease the amount, as it contains more caffeine, then espresso.
Minty ice coffee
- 1 cup of mint
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 shot of espresso
- Combine the mint, sugar, and water in a sauce pan.
- Next step is to bring it to boil and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Let it cool
- Fill up a glass with ice cubes, pour the syrup, the espresso, and some milk.
- Garnish with mint leaves, and enjoy!
Cinnamon Ice Coffee
- 150 ml coffee
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- First, add the sugar to the hot coffee, and stir until dissolves.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, and cover it for about 3 hours, until the flavor of cinnamon is intense enough.
- Fish out the sticks, pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze it.
- Before serving, take it out from the freezer, put about 4-5 cubes in a glass, and fill up with milk.
Banana – coffee breakfast smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- shot of espresso
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- All you need to do is drop all the ingredients in a blender, and blend it, until as smooth as you like it.
- Garnish with a slice of banana, and enjoy!